Sunday, October 21, 2007

And I Thought Maytag Sucked....

Once again, an electronic device has failed me in a disaster of Biblical proportions - this time my Hewlett-Packard piece of junk computer decided to give up the ghost just past its 5-year hard drive warranty. Convenient, eh?

Someone tried to tell me that was the law of 'planned obsolescence'. I disagree. Planned Obsolescence is the Sony Playstation - they continue to improve the product and create software that needs the new system to be appreciated - they want you to buy a new game box every few years. Fine with me.

Junk that breaks just past the warranty is an evil, dastardly plot perfected by successful manufacturers that laugh all the way to the bank. The item you are replacing it with is made even shoddier, and has even less of a warranty that the item you just replaced. See: Automobiles, esp. American, and Maytag, as in "Maytag Sucks". So does Hewlett-Packard.

Hewlett-Packard sucks. Hewlett-Packard sucks. Hewlett-Packard sucks. Hewlett-Packard sucks. Hewlett-Packard sucks. Hewlett-Packard sucks. Hewlett-Packard sucks. Hewlett-Packard sucks. Hewlett-Packard sucks. Hewlett-Packard sucks. Hewlett-Packard sucks. Hewlett-Packard sucks. Hewlett-Packard sucks. Hewlett-Packard sucks. Hewlett-Packard sucks. Hewlett-Packard sucks. Hewlett-Packard sucks. Hewlett-Packard sucks. Hewlett-Packard sucks.

So... If you were wondering what happened to me, I've had no internet access for forty days and forty nights (or so). I have lost my hardrive, which means my banking, photos, and all your e-mail addresses have vanished into the ether. Please email me again so I can add you (back) into my address book. I will then send you my new cell phone number.

What's that, you say? Can't you just transfer a cell phone number over? Let's just say after speaking with a major portion of the residents of Mumbai to no avail, it just became easier to give up and start over. Much like Al's efforts to restore our computer. Again, I apologize for the absence; I do hope I still have some loyal readers out there.

Yeah. Right.

1 comment:

KaneCitizen said...

Sorry - Google now says they weight their searches against Googlebombing.